Saturday, May 17, 2008

Thursday 15th May - Last Day :o(

Paid a last visit to Bandar this morning, just to check I hadn't missed any shops or photo opportunities!

Steve stopped in a barbers to get his hair cut. As part of the service they give you a massage, which includes pulling your fingers to make them 'crack' - yuk! And all for B$4 (£1.50)

Also had a last swim at the RBRC. I thought I would try to spend half an hour in the sun, just to get the tan (or what there was of it) topped up. I laid there for about 15 minutes, and just as I was thinking it was getting too hot, the sun came out!! I thought I was going to fry to a crisp, it was so hot! I made a run for the shade and gave up on the tan.

All too soon, it was time to go to the airport. I've had a wonderful time in Brunei, and hope to be able to visit again. The country and its people are very peaceful and gentle, and I've never had such a relaxing time. I was very sad to leave, but take some great memories with me. Thank you Brunei (and Steve, of course!!)

No comments: